Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thanksgiving Transforms the Heart

Thankfulness makes a difference.  It helps you find the good despite your circumstances.  It changes the attitude. It is indeed, life changing.

When I first read Ann Voskamp's book, "One Thousand Gifts" in the summer of 2011, I wasn't so sure.  I decided to take the challenge though and begin my own 1000 list.

It was slow happening.  I didn't see the transformation happening, but it did!

My life still has waves swirling on the side of me, but I don't focus on them.  Instead, I'm riding on a surfboard with Jesus over those waves.  I wobble at times, but praise Jesus, I've not fallen off into the pits of depression and despair again.

In the summer of 2012, I stopped taking all of my anti-depressant and anxiety medications.  I no longer need them, even when the waves threaten to topple me over.

I believe what Jesus says about me, and that is because I believe Jesus is Who He says He is and He can do what He says He can do.  With those truths in place, I KNOW I can do all things through Christ and the transformation in my heart and life is proof that His Word is alive and active in me.

Struggling?  My suggestion would be to begin your  own 1,000 thanksgiving list.  As you look for His goodness in your daily life, you will be amazed at the transformation that will take place in your heart and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment