Friday, February 21, 2014

The Inside of a Barn

My husband is a fan of touches of make-up.  He says, "There is nothing wrong with putting a little paint on the barn."

I've never been one of those kind of girls with the make-up.  I really don't know the reason either.  Just didn't spend that much time fussing with my face when it took forever for me to get my thick curly hair to do what I wanted it to do.

I've recently started putting the time into putting on make-up.  A friend helped me find some products that make application quite simple.  So, out of love for my sweet hubby, I paint my barn each day.

It got me thinking though about how I see so many women coming and going in my line of work, and how many of them paint the barn quite lovely.  However, the way they treat people stinks to high heaven. It then dawned on me.  You know it doesn't actually matter what the barn looks like if its only storing manure.

I will continue to put on the make-up, but I want to always concentrate on what I store inside.  When pushed hard, I want love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control to pour our out my thoughts, words, and actions.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I feel the same way. Grateful to have a husband who's not interested in a painted barn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good.... I believe in being balanced. No use "painting the barn" if you neglect the inside. Obviously our inner being is the most important... and eternal. On the other hand, I think just concentrating on the inside and thinking our outward appearance is of no importance is neglectful too! Others do see our outward appearance and it also reflects who we are.... balance....

    ReplyDelete