Thursday, May 14, 2015

My Book....Sneak Preview#1

My book is weeks away from going to the publisher.  I need help promoting it.  Will you, my dear Readers, post links to your Facebook and any websites you may have to let others know.  In the meantime, I plan on giving sneak previews.

Here is the first:
 
     The first time I viewed the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life,” it left a deep impression upon me. Before George Bailey made a suicidal jump off a bridge into the cold river waters, Clarence the angel pretended to be drowning in them. After George rescued him, Clarence offered George the chance to see the impact his life had on others. George sees that all those seemingly insignificant moments of his life actually changed the entire course of not only his life, but of those he knew. Would our outlook on our lives change if we were given the same opportunity George had?
     For decades I lived in the world of depression, despair, and hopelessness. My battle with the prevailing desire to die started at age seven. As an adult, looking back over my life, I’ve often wondered how I even learned the full meaning of the word “suicide”. I’m not sure how I entered that prison cell, but I’m confident I never ended my life because of my belief in God, the fear of not going to heaven, and the significant people the Lord had cross my path.
      My inner conflicts over my life stirred from a desire to have a family similar to those on my favorite TV shows and in the homes of my friends. Instead my life read more like Mother Goose’s “Humpty Dumpty” rhyme,
     “Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
      Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
     All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
     Couldn’t put Humpty together again.”






No comments:

Post a Comment